Oily Skin is caused by over-active oil glands. Skin appears shiny, pores are generally large, and can be clogged with sebum and dead skin cells. Acne can have many causes and Diane will diagnos and treat accordingly. In general: Congestion of pores can be severe and oil and dead skin cells trapped below the surface can cause pimples.
- Cleaners should include oil busting salicylic acid as well as AHA's
- Toners can include low percentages of alcohol, salicylic, azelaic, and soothing herbal ingredients.
- Oily skin needs hydration. Facial serums with hyaluronic and niacinamide help comfort the skin, light facial oils can help keep the skin healty.
- Exfoliating masks are great to reduce congestion and brighten dull skin.
- Peels are also very important to rid the skin of dull cellular build up and clogging.
* For Acne sufferers Diane will build a customized routine with the Face Reality Line
Here are products recommended for oily/acneic skin: