Acne or Oily Skin
Oily Skin is caused by over-active oil glands. Skin appears shiny, pores are generally large, and can be clogged with sebum and dead skin cells. Acne can be a result of very oily skin. Congestion of pores can be severe and oil trapped below the surface can cause pimples. In general, oily skin stays younger looking for longer.
- Cleaners should include oil busting salicylic acid and clay.
- Toners can include low percentages of alcohol, salicylic, azelaic, and soothing herbal ingredients.
- Oily skin needs hydration but not a heavy cream. Facial sprays are good.
- Clay masks are great to reduce oil, congestion and calm the skin.
- Peels are also very important to rid the skin of dull cellular build up and clogging.
Here are products recommended for oily/acneic skin: